Preparatory and Community Program School of Music Policies and Procedures
Ars Nova is a culturally diverse organization that does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or any other factor that makes us individuals. Please read carefully and sign in appropriate place on registration form.
- You are not registered unless the school has received the Signed Registration Form as well as the Registration Fee. Registration form and fee are required before classes start. Please secure a day and time with your teacher before completing the registration form. Call the studio at (256) 883-1105 if you need assistance identifying a teacher.
Registration is a two step process.
- Choose a teacher and secure a day and time with your teacher. (Call the office at 256-883-1105, for teacher contact information.) Information about the teachers is available in the Faculty section.
- Complete a registration form. These are available at the front desk at Ars Nova, or you may download an electronic copy from one of the links below. We are now offering online registration too!
Please be sure you are familiar with the tuition fees and the school policies on this website before filling out a registration form. By filling out a form, you are agreeing to those terms.
Registration fees are: Fall/Spring Semester – $35 new students, $25 returning students
Simply mail your registration form and registration fee to our mailing address:
Ars NovaP.O. Box 14248
Huntsville, AL 35815
- If you will be absent, please notify your teacher at home as soon as possible. If you cannot reach your teacher at home, leave message at the school.
- Teachers are not required to make up a lesson due to student’s absence.
- If student is 15 minutes late, the teacher is not required to wait or make up lesson.
- If a teacher is absent for any reason, a make up lesson is required.
- Students must be prepared and on time for each class. Please bring all required music and assignments to each lesson.
- For students’ safety, parents please drop and pick up your children on time. They will not be supervised before or after their lesson. There are waiting rooms available for those who would like to wait. Please park in designated parking area.
- There is a copy machine available. Students may only use the copy machine under the supervision of a teacher. There is a charge of 20 cents per copy.
- If a student has special needs, please alert teacher so he/she can help each child reach his/her optimal potential.
- Spring Semester Juries and Recitals
- Participation will be upon the recommendation of your teacher.
- For jury and recital dates, please see the calendar.
- Required recital fee is $20.00.
All tuition and fees are per 18-week semester. 5% discount for full tuition payment before the semester begins using cash or check. Tuition can be paid in 4 payments.
Teacher – Holds a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
$564 (1) 30 min. per week private lesson (or 4 payments of $141)
$820 (1) 45 min. per week private lesson (or 4 x $205)
$1124 (1) 1 hour per week private lesson (or 4 x 281)
Master Teacher-Holds a Doctorate or Equivalent Performing/Teaching Experience
$664 (1) 30 min. per week private lesson (or 4 payments of $166)
$992 (1) 45 min. per week private lesson (or 4 x $248)
$1296 (1) 1 hour per week private lesson (4 x $324)
$860 Ginger Beazley – 12 x 45 min./week plus 4 performance classes (or 4 x $215)
Tuition Payment Options
- Full payment of entire tuition. For private lessons tuition only, there is a 5% discount off tuition paid in full by check or cash before or at the time of first lesson
- Two payments per semester:
- 1st installment of 50% of tuition is due before or at the time of first lesson.
- 2nd installment of 50% of tuition is due on October 1st or March 1st for the respective Fall or Spring semester.
- Four installments payment:
- 1st installment of 25% of tuition is due before or at the time of first lesson.
- 2nd installment of 25% of tuition is due on September 1 or February 1 for the respective Fall or Spring semester.
- 3rd installment of 25% of tuition is due on October 1st or March 1st for the respective Fall or Spring semester.
- 4th installment of 25% of tuition is due on November 1st or April 1st for the respective Fall or Spring semester.
- A $15.00 late fee will be applied 15 days after the due date.
- Students who withdraw after the second week of classes will be required to pay full tuition. In the event of an unusual circumstance beyond the control of the student, a written request for waiver of fees may be presented for consideration of the administration.
Please do not mail cash. Make checks payable to Ars Nova, Inc. If you are mailing your payment, please mail to:
Ars Nova, Inc.
P. O. Box 14248
Huntsville, AL 35815
Attendance to all required classes will be monitored.
All registration fees are non-refundable.
$35.00 First time registration
$25.00 Returning student registration
Students registering for multiple classes only pay
one registration fee.
Copier: 20 cents per copy
Required recital fee: $20.00
Late fee (15 days after the due date): $15.00