POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Ars Nova is a culturally diverse organization that does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or any other factor that makes us individuals.
Please read carefully and sign in appropriate place on registration form.
1. You are not registered unless the school has received the Signed Registration Form as well as the Registration Fee. Registration form and fee are required before classes start. Please secure a day and time with your teacher before completing the registration form. Call the studio at (256) 883-1105 if you need assistance identifying a teacher.
Tuition payment options:
a) Full payment of entire tuition. For private lessons tuition only, there is a 5% discount off tuition paid in full by check or cash before or at the time of first lesson
b) Two payments per semester:
1st installment of 50% of tuition is due before or at the time of first lesson.
2nd installment of 50% of tuition is due on October 1st or March 1st for the respective Fall or Spring semester.
c) Four installments payment:
1st installment of 25% of tuition is due before or at the time of first lesson.
2nd installment of 25% of tuition is due on September 1 or February 1 for the respective Fall or Spring semester.
3rd installment of 25% of tuition is due on October 1st or March 1st for the respective Fall or Spring semester.
4th installment of 25% of tuition is due on November 1st or April 1st for the respective Fall or Spring semester.
d) A $15.00 late fee will be applied 15 days after the due date.
e) Students who withdraw after the second week of classes will be required to pay full tuition. In the event of an unusual circumstance beyond the control of the student, a written request for waiver of fees may be presented for consideration of the administration.
f) If you are mailing your payment, please mail to:Ars Nova, Inc. P. O. Box 14248 Huntsville, AL 35815 Please do not mail cash. Make checks payable to Ars Nova, Inc.
2. Attendance to all required classes will be monitored.
a) If you will be absent, please notify your teacher at home as soon as possible. If you cannot reach your teacher at home, leave message at the school.
b) Teachers are not required to make up a lesson due to student’s absence.
c) If student is 15 minutes late, the teacher is not required to wait or make up lesson.
d) If a teacher is absent for any reason, a make up lesson is required.
4. Students must be prepared and on time for each class. Please bring all required music and assignments to each lesson.
5. For students’ safety, parents please drop and pick up your children on time. They will not be supervised before or after their lesson. There are waiting rooms available for those who would like to wait. Please park in designated parking area, not in driveway in front of courtyard.
6. There is a copy machine available. Students may only use the copy machine under the supervision of a teacher. There is a charge of 10 cents per copy.
7. If a student has special needs, please alert teacher so he/she can help each child reach his/her optimal potential.
8. Spring Semester Juries and Recitals
a) Participation will be upon the recommendation of your teacher.
b) For jury and recital dates, please see the calendar.
c) Required recital fee is $20.00.