Ars Nova School of the Arts, founded in 1998, nurtures the art of excellence. Ars Nova provides professional quality training for singers and musicians of all ages in a nurturing environment where the student is always the focus of the program. Ars Nova hosts the certification program of the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM). To prepare students for the annual exams, weekly classes are offered in theory, sight singing and ear training at no additional cost. Ars Nova students gain acceptance into major institutions in the United States with scholarships as a result of their academic and musical achievements.
Each student receives one private lesson per week for voice/instrument, with four performance/theory classes included in each 16-week session. Performance classes provide the opportunity for students to perform for their peers in a comfortable, nurturing setting. Instructors teach appropriate stage gestures and guide performers in developing a confident, communicative presence on stage. A theory class provides an opportunity for students to learn the rudiments of music including key signatures, intervals, simple rhythms and (for more advanced students) chord structure and rhythmic and melodic dictation. All our instructors hold college degrees or certification in their field of expertise.
Registration is a two step process:
- Choose a teacher and secure a day and time with your teacher. Information about the teachers is available in the Faculty section. (Call the office at 256-883-1105, for teacher contact information.)
- Complete a registration form. These are available at the front desk at Ars Nova, or you may download an electronic copy from the website (PDF format provided). A registration fee is required to register for the semester. The registration fees are: Fall/Spring Semester – $35 new students, $25 returning students, Summer – $15 new students, $10 returning students.
Please be sure you are familiar with the tuition fees and the school policies on this website before filling out a registration form. By filling out a form, you are agreeing to those terms.
Policies and Procedures
Ars Nova is a culturally diverse organization that does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or any other factor that makes us individuals.
Please read carefully and sign in appropriate place on registration form.
1. You are not registered unless the school has received the Signed Registration Form as well as the Registration Fee. Registration form and fee are required before classes start. Please secure a day and time with your teacher before completing the registration form. Call the studio at (256) 883-1105 if you need assistance identifying a teacher.
Tuition payment options:
a) Full payment of entire tuition. For private lessons tuition only, there is a 5% discount off tuition paid in full by check or cash before or at the time of first lesson
b) Two payments per semester:
1st installment of 50% of tuition is due before or at the time of first lesson.
2nd installment of 50% of tuition is due on October 1st or March 1st for the respective Fall or Spring semester.
c) Four installments payment:
1st installment of 25% of tuition is due before or at the time of first lesson.
2nd installment of 25% of tuition is due on September 1 or February 1 for the respective Fall or Spring semester.
3rd installment of 25% of tuition is due on October 1st or March 1st for the respective Fall or Spring semester.
4th installment of 25% of tuition is due on November 1st or April 1st for the respective Fall or Spring semester.
d) A $15.00 late fee will be applied 15 days after the due date.
e) Students who withdraw after the second week of classes will be required to pay full tuition. In the event of an unusual circumstance beyond the control of the student, a written request for waiver of fees may be presented for consideration of the administration.
f) If you are mailing your payment, please mail to:Ars Nova, Inc. P. O. Box 14248 Huntsville, AL 35815 Please do not mail cash. Make checks payable to Ars Nova, Inc.
2. Attendance to all required classes will be monitored.
a) If you will be absent, please notify your teacher at home as soon as possible. If you cannot reach your teacher at home, leave message at the school.
b) Teachers are not required to make up a lesson due to student’s absence.
c) If student is 15 minutes late, the teacher is not required to wait or make up lesson.
d) If a teacher is absent for any reason, a make up lesson is required.
4. Students must be prepared and on time for each class. Please bring all required music and assignments to each lesson.
5. For students’ safety, parents please drop and pick up your children on time. They will not be supervised before or after their lesson. There are waiting rooms available for those who would like to wait. Please park in designated parking area, not in driveway in front of courtyard.
6. There is a copy machine available. Students may only use the copy machine under the supervision of a teacher. There is a charge of 10 cents per copy.
7. If a student has special needs, please alert teacher so he/she can help each child reach his/her optimal potential.
8. Spring Semester Juries and Recitals
a) Participation will be upon the recommendation of your teacher.
b) For jury and recital dates, please see the calendar.
c) Required recital fee is $20.00.
Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM London)
Increasingly, parents wanting music lessons for their children are looking for a total program that includes high-quality musical instruction as well as opportunities for personal development. They seek excellence, high standards and accountability.
The certification program of the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) is designed to meet these needs, offering an assessment tool that offers all students a fair and challenging measure of their achievement, and nationwide recognition for their accomplishment in the program.
Thinking, practicing and achieving while performing the wide range of learning activities necessary for success in examinations promotes growth in all areas of achievement. Participating in the The certification program of the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) benefits all students, the few who will become professional musicians and the many who will develop a life-long love of music as well as a wide range of skills for success.